Friday, March 22, 2019

George

My brother passed away 12 days ago. . Although it was something I knew would come eventually, The news was still rather shocking. .
  George was an awesome brother,And I'm not just saying this because everyone always eulogizes X person as amazing or awesome when they are gone. . George was simply my brother. . I always joked about him being my much older brother,But he was only about 8 years older..  Not like he was Methuselah or anything!

 I can honestly say growing up with him was an adventure. .His records were the first influence to music and comedy to a young kid..  Possibly too young for Cheech and Chongs wedding album!  But it's in my younger years where I picked up my love of classic rock (to be fair, it wasn't classic yet) .

 He taught me how to ride a bike. .Sure it wasn't your typical hold on to the bike as they ride away, Mine was.. 2 buildings ..go between said buildings and you'll be fine..  A practice I wouldn't recommend to others!But I did make it OK... My father was older when I was born, Between that, And his work, I didn't have the prototypical father teaching son to do this or that .

George.. Willingly or not, Helped me through a lot of things as a younger kid.. And I wish I  could have told him this before it was too late. .
  George was a father ,And friend.. I used to pick on him for buying this car for me. .1 which I drove a total of 2 times! But I know why he bought me that car. .He wanted me to have the cool car. .And even though it was a mess.. I never got angry at him for getting it..  I joked about it, But I knew he was doing his best !
  His family gathered together last week to say our goodbyes.  It was the way George would have wanted it, Few tears. .But more laughs as stories were exchanged.. George used to pick on me about crying at his first wedding.. Told him I thought I was losing my brother..  You'll never be gone from my heart..  I'll love you forever ,And I'll cherish every memory we have!!

No comments:

NFL Pick Ems 9-12-2021

 It's finally that time!!!!  the 2021 season is finally here!! Before we start, Last year a familiar face to the loyal 3 readers decided...