Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bucs Walk,And Then Swing.JVB Is Angry




As i said in the earlier post about today's game at Allentown being a great Ball park experience,I left 1 thing out.It was the bottom of the 8TH inning,and i had 2 cards i wanted John Van Benschoten to sign for me.So i walked over to his seat( He was charting for Indianapolis)And asked, John can you sign a card for me?His reply?NO!,It wasn't him saying no that pissed me off,It's the way he did it.I have never been talked to like that in my 40 years,The pure look of disgust on his face,The snippy way he said no.Look I understand we all have bad days,But this is a guy who's career stats with the Pirates is 1-12 with a 8.84 ERA!He's pitching at Indy for a reason,The reason is you cannot pitch John!!Of course maybe it's this Pirates recall Bullington, (Thanks Shawn for the heads up!)In my opinion neither of these guys should be wasting roster space in Pittsburgh anyways.If that's what made Johnny angry, I suggest alittle anger management,Possibly some mild sedatives.Maybe,Just maybe if you used that anger on the mound,And not for the people who come to see you get bombed, You may actually still have a career left!As for our Buccos,Well they got clubbed like a baby seal on Wednesday night 9-1,Gorzo last a whopping 2/3 of an inning,Giving up 6 runs!Tonight the Bucs had Phil Dumatrait trying to stop the bleeding,And he actually did.Dumatrait gave up 1 unearned run,2 hits and had 9K's in 7 innings for a 7-2 Buccos victory.Zach Duke goes for the Bucs tomorrow in St Louis..I just found this link,And i think you'll enjoy it lol Marinerds, Dragonbutts, and Hokkaidorks: Game Report: Mariners vs. Pirates - Gone, but not Benschoten Photo Credit-Dumatrait(AP Photo/Al Behrman

1 comment:

Ryan H. said...

I'll have those videos for you today. Tried to upload them last night but no luck.

NFL Pick Ems 9-12-2021

 It's finally that time!!!!  the 2021 season is finally here!! Before we start, Last year a familiar face to the loyal 3 readers decided...