Saturday, June 7, 2008

Great Bobble Fun



Welcome to Hagerstown,The only place they make a bobble head for a music conductor.Tonight's game against the Lake County Captains and of course a visit to our old friend Herman!What shocked me was the shear amount of people who ACTUALLY showed up,Considering it was,As the Suns PA announcer said at game time very hot(Actual Temp-96)We got to the Muni around 5:35,And knuckle draggers were out in full force getting the "highly sought" Elizabeth Shulze bobblehead.To show the level of our interest, We didn't even open our bobble heads except to see what it looked like.And the damn thing looks like Hilary Clinton!Except this one has a baton, To lead the orchestra i guess.Not alot to talk about on the signing front.Shawn got most of the Lake County players he needed.Odd note from the 1ST base coach,He was wearing a old Orioles batting helmet,Now why on earth would you have this thing on?I'm sure someone with the Nationals would be alittle upset if they saw this.And thanks to Mike He has some pictures of tonight's game The pregame is the usual Suns stuff,Toss out the 1st pitch,Walk the little league kids around.Read Mike's Blog to find out about Darnell Coles and why he is heads above last years prize,Tommy Herr.I walked down to grab a smoke in the 4Th inning,And saw my old buddy Herman,I am very sad to say he didn't say hello!Oh well, Shawn and I kept chanting his name during the next 4 innings.HERMAN HERMAN HERMAN.And it was loud, how do i know how loud?The lady sitting 3 rows over had her portable radio on,And we heard the chant over the radio.Oh,By the way the Suns won the Game 5-4 on a Dan Lyons walk off HR.The Buccos have probably seen enough of the Arizona Diamond Backs the last 2 games.Losing both nights 3-1,And 4-3.I'm sure they will be very happy to see them leave,Much like Herman was happy to see us leave tonight!

12 comments:

Ryan H. said...

I have one of those bobbleheads.
Anyone who wants it please just send a self-stamped addressed envelope.

Mike said...

LOL i'll sell mine to the first person who actually will buy the damn thing.If Woolie can get 32 Bucks for his, I can damn sure get 20 for her

Anonymous said...

Heard on the radio:

Announcer: "So tell us Jack, you're 8, which your favorite team"

Crowd noise: "Herman," "Munster," "Cheese."

Jack: "Yeah."

LOL. I think we improved the quality of the Saturday Night Fan broadcasts, which are normally downright painful to listen to.

Mike said...

If anyone was listening,And i doubt it lol.. let me know, also we're going to have a Herman's Hermits sign made up before the end of the season,Anyone who reads the blog let me know when you go out to the Muni

Anonymous said...

They get a lot of the players' family members to listen over the internet. They also get people who are overseas in either military services or foreign services and missing the Suns listening to the game. A couple of my regular readers are from Europe and Australia. Maybe they've tuned in to see what it is all about, as I heard Mock reading an e-mail from Australia before. I listen to the games on the radio sometimes. Ryan Mock is improving, and is getting pretty decent at calling the game/coming up with interesting tid bits. Christian Bruey is a pretty good announcer, and calls a good game. Justin Murphy is improving.

Generally, given that radio station and its demographics, I would imagine they attract 8-20,000 listeners on the road, and 6-10,000 at home.

Mike said...

And they all heard us acting like jackasses LOL.. it was fun though

Ryan H. said...

Speak for yourself, some of us conduct ourselves with class when in a public setting.

:)

Anonymous said...

FYI: If you look closely the helmet that you are speaking of is a retro Hagerstown Suns Helmet, not Orioles.

Mike said...

And what are the colors?hmmm BLACK AND ORANGE... they are not a O's team anymore, stop trying to look like them,and wear alittle Nationals colors..This is yet another thing that drives me nuts about the Suns,Stop living in 1985,We don't have the AA team anymore.And why you're at at,Anonymous ..feel free to state your name.. nothing to hide here

Shawn said...

Those helmets were like late 80's/early 90's.
I have a Bob Milacki card with Bob wearing one of those-brutal!
I like the current hats much better,especially the Blue ones.

Ben Jordan said...

I am "anonymous" that left the comment about the helmet. I have nothing to hide here either. I've been a long time lurker on Sean's blog and have crossed over to yours more recently. I felt like I was making a simple observation and didn't feel like creating an account. There's no need to get feisty with me because others can't have a civilized conversation. I don't agree with everything you guys say about the Suns, but other times you make good points. As far as the colors go, I'm indifferent. Many Minor League teams have colors that don't match their affiliate. All I wanted to do was point out that the helmet was a Suns helmet.

Mike said...

Ben,
Glad to meet someone who has a different opinion.I respect you for coming back to my site, and commenting back, thank you.i figured it was the same guy who had left a tirade about another post i had done..glad i was wrong

NFL Pick Ems 9-12-2021

 It's finally that time!!!!  the 2021 season is finally here!! Before we start, Last year a familiar face to the loyal 3 readers decided...