Friday, October 3, 2008

This And That


Not a whole lot going on in the sports world of huge importance,Hockey starts this weekend,Baseball is over(Yes,I'm a Pirates fan,It's usually over in June!)

Willie Parker has been out for the Steelers since week 3 of the young NFL season,And will continue to ride the pine at least 1 more week,Thanks Willie,You're not really helping my cause in fantasy football!

Speaking of Fantasy Football,My Stone Cold Steelers are now 2-2 on the season,After pulling off the first victory over Shawn in the 9 years I have played against him,i pulled off the family sweep by beating Ryan last week.

This week's game looks pretty shitty,With McFadden on the bench,And the previously mentioned Parker sitting out yet another week,I have been forced to pick up the Steelers "newest"RB.Najeh Davenport,Who will always have the nickname Poops!Why Poops you ask?Well years ago, Mr Davenport was alittle upset at a ex girlfriend,So he decided to leave her a small present in the laundry hamper.I'm sorry if you can't figure out the reason for his name AFTER i told you about his college days,I can't draw lines for everything folks.


And on the tirade about my fantasy football team,Thank you to Donte Stallworth,And James Jones for hurting their vaginas,Yes I've used that line,But with these 2 assholes,I have to use it every time I talk about them.I dropped Stallworth in week 2,After he"strained his groin" walking to the field in week 1,Jones,For some reason has played a grans total of 1 game in the first 4!

If you have never played fantasy football,I highly recommend it.Actually most fantasy sports are fun,Baseball is usually good until your team is eliminated.

Let's talk about the real games for a few.

The Pitt Pnathers upset #10 South Florida by the score of 26-21 in Tampa Thursday night.RB LeSean McCoy rushed 28 times for 142 yards,And 2 TD's in the victory,Here's hoping the Panthers will actually be ranked next week!

The Steelers had a tough night at the Ketchup Bottle against the disease carrying Baltimore Ravens Monday night,Yes they won the game 23-20 in overtime,But in the process they lost rookie RB Rashard Mendenahll for the season with a fractured shoulder,And most important,Lost right guard Kendall Simmons for the season with a torn Achilles tendon.

Game notes,I'm sure someone I know would have enjoyed seeing all the Steeler alumni that were present for the opening coin toss,Bryan Hinkle, Weegie Thompson, Gary Dunn, Dirt Winston, Craig Bingham, Carnell Lake, Delton Hall, Mike Merriweather, Tunch Ilkin, Craig Wolfley, Louis Lipps, Myron Bell, Dwayne Woodruff, Jason Gildon, Kevin Greene, Calvin Sweeney, Robin Cole, Yancey Thigpen,And Mike Logan .You have no idea how many times some of the names I just listed have been said by a few friends, I have to wonder why the guy next to me in the picture at the top of page has not been to any games.

No comments:

NFL Pick Ems 9-12-2021

 It's finally that time!!!!  the 2021 season is finally here!! Before we start, Last year a familiar face to the loyal 3 readers decided...