Thursday, January 14, 2021

Mighty Casey Out


 I've wanted to do this post for awhile, But My anger has kept me from doing it!


Yes, There are still teams affiliated playing, But the so called "Cost saving" moves pretty much wipes out rookie ball in the Tenn/Va/ area... 

Thankfully we made a trip that swung through the baseball rich area, Visiting interesting ball parks along the way! It was 1 of the best times I've ever had, And sadly most of the places we visited are now possibly out of the affiliated baseball for good. Yes, There are newer stadiums  across the area, But that didn't stop the greedy MLB from cutting ties with 42... Yes 42 teams!!!


I know a few of these places are older, Hell Hagerstown's own Municipal Stadium was ancient by new standards, But it never felt that way once the game started, Most of the distractions around the park just seemed to go away, Baseball was what mattered.

But that's not the case anymore, Greedy owners care more about money, Then actually having a place to watch baseball on a summer evening, Friends, Family getting together  and enjoying the time.

I can personally say the southern trip I went on with Shawn and Ryan has some of the best jokes , And even better memories! Yes, It was hot, And 2 of us got sick for a few hours, But even stories about those few hours are golden!!


Yes I know there are still places to catch a game, But having the "luck" to drive 3 miles and know I'll at least see pro ball was always an option. Now I'd have to travel at least 90 minutes to see a team(Hopefully 1  I like)  And for Frederick to be contracted is just nuts, Fan base, Winning team, Great staff.. But again, Profits before people..



 The above picture is to MLB I have your plunger, Because you're full of shit!!


Without a real phone in my hand, I still make better decisions then Baseball!!




 
See... People who visited Minor League parks stopped at other attractions





And finally, I'm just going to let you know you're #1.. I could have,And should have said a lot worse!!




Until next time, Don't get impeached 

No comments:

NFL Pick Ems 9-12-2021

 It's finally that time!!!!  the 2021 season is finally here!! Before we start, Last year a familiar face to the loyal 3 readers decided...