Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Random Ramblings December 2011

Welcome back!!! I want to start off by apologizing for the delay in posting.
.And for stopping pick ems 3 weeks ago... Work was crazy the week or so after Thanksgiving,And I don't have anyone to do the blog in my absence.So I basically I just shut down until I could find the time.. And here we are again!!! 

Wendy's new W.. Well.....

I was really looking forward to try the new Wendy's W burger.. Basically it's the same as a Big Mac..But a tad more pricey... I was very impressed with the service,
Normally fast food is just get you in,And get you out(That's what she said)but I was shocked on the friendliness I received.. I should have know something was wrong!!!! 


I wish I had taken a picture of this"Burger".... How bad was it? Glad you asked.. It was SO bad... I could have used the meat as a hockey puck had I got bored...

I have seen more dressing on a strip club dancer.. AND I paid  almost 6 bucks for a combo!!!The best part of the damn combo was the frosty... Not what you would call a great lunch...


If this is what Wendy's bills as their "new" sandwich... I will gladly take the old 1 thank you very much...


James Harrison gets a 1 game suspension....

James Harrison was suspended by the NFL on Monday for 1 game as a result of  this hit on Browns QB Colt McCoy on Thursday nights game..




Couple things about this..As much as I am a diehard Steelers fan,Harrison lead with his helmet,And McCoy was still behind the line of scrimmage.. Even if he was past the line.. Harrison lead with his helmet.. No  one can argue the fact he was head hunting.. 2 Or 3 plays before this he tried to blow up  McCoy ..

And shame on the Browns trainers for letting McCoy stay in.. According to reports,He did not even know his name right after the hit..But told trainers his hand hurt..I'm sure it did,You hit it off a helmet like 3 or 4 plays before that..

This is a post Shawn put up yesterday on Facebook..I totally agree with his thoughts on this..
To all Steelers fans except Mike Mckain that also root for the Penguins-ask yourself this question-Why is it fine for James Harrison to break the rules and cause concussion issues,but you were ready to scream about David Steckel's rulebreaking hit on Sidney Crosby for an illegal hit? A bit of consistency,please!!! Mike McKain is excepted as he admitted right away that Harrison's head was out of line and was consistent in his statements.....
 And for all of you who have cried and whined since Crosby was injured, Think about this.. He has played in a handful of games since January last year.. Jahvid Best of the Detroit Lions has not,And will not play since he sustained a concussion about 6 weeks ago.. All the major sports are starting to understand the true effects on head injuries.. 
Yes the days of these kind of hits are gone..







If that would have happened today, That play would have been stopped about 5-8 seconds in.. As soon as Bradshaw was in the grasp,The referee would have blown the play dead..Yes I do complain about the NFL being "pussified" But I also think the players who play today should be able to see tomorrow...

I am not going to promise another post tonight, Or tomorrow for that matter.. But I will promise you if I ca not do a post for an extended period, I will let you know from now on.. And to you haters out there who bitch about everything.. Go fuck yourselves.. The rest of you.. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

NFL Pick Ems 9-12-2021

 It's finally that time!!!!  the 2021 season is finally here!! Before we start, Last year a familiar face to the loyal 3 readers decided...