Sunday, August 17, 2014

What A Weekend!


Yes, It has been awhile.No argument here. Sadly it seems work intrudes on life more and more,So the end result is doing less of the things I enjoy.But as always, There's time for football!!
 And in the coming weeks(Months,)You know we will do our NFL Pickems every week, Something I enjoy doing as much as 1 or 2 of you enjoy reading!

But before we move forward, Let's go back shall we.......




Last Saturday was the International Football League's 15TH annual draft, This year we decided to "Go bigtime" And rent a conference room to do this. We've always had a great time time when Shawn and Corey hosted the draft,But with local owners increasing, We decided to find a much larger area to do our draft!!
The results could not have been better, Everyone enjoyed the area to spread out, We used the lobby as our own personal area to talk trades, Or anytime we needed a few minutes..I have to say I was a bit reluctant about shelling out a few bucks to do this.. But I admit now it was WELL worth the price!!!  Anything that makes life a bit easier is OK in my book!It also made us have a record setting draft, All I know is next year,We will be doing the same thing again!





The following day we all gathered again, This time to have the annual cookout.If there are 2 days I really look forward to every year, It is these 2 days!! This year was probably more looked forward to then almost any year we have done the cookout/Draft weekend.With everyone not seeing as much of each other as we used to,Like I said at the beginning,Work and other things sometimes make it difficult for everyone to get together as much.


So we all gathered for our cookout(Great idea for the earlier start time RS!!)And even with about 5 hours sleep in 36 hours I was ready for a fun afternoon!! We had our burgers and such.. Then played big ball... Never heard of it? Well.This  should help understand it more..I have not been able to run the last couple years dealing with nagging knee injuries. But this year, I at least tried.. All in all, It was a great weekend, And I hope we all can get together much sooner then we all did this time,But no matter the amount of time, We all just pick up where we left off! So in closing(Yeah this has been long a long post ha ha )I hope those of you who never have thought about fantasy football, Big ball, Or just hanging with good friends reconsider all the above.. You just may enjoy the time well spent!!



                                                                                 

No comments:

NFL Pick Ems 9-12-2021

 It's finally that time!!!!  the 2021 season is finally here!! Before we start, Last year a familiar face to the loyal 3 readers decided...